Who We Are
We Desire to help people grow in their faith and walk in the power and presence of the Spirit
As we look at the landscape of renewal movements being attributed to the Holy Spirit these days, we see an enormous variety of expressions. Where do we, Holy Spirit Renewal Ministries, find ourselves in this vast array? Here are some of our distinctives:
- Our purpose is to do all we can, in cooperating with the Holy Spirit, to empower, build up and unite Christ's body. Because of that, we do not feel comfortable with teachings that cause division between Christians, whether by creating a "haves-vs.-have-nots" mentality on the one hand, or by denying the validity of the full biblically-supported range of Holy Spirit ministries on the other.
- We believe Christ-like character is essential to true Spirit-filled Christian life, and without it, spiritual giftedness is of no value to the cause of Christ (Gal 5:22-23; 1 Cor 13:1-3). We seek holiness, not hype. We seek to make love our aim even as we earnestly desire the spiritual gifts (1 Cor 14:1).
- We are excited about all that God is doing in the world, and we want to be a part of it! However, we are not among those who jump at everything that is exciting or supernatural. We do not ascribe prophetic or biblical significance to spiritual manifestations or practices unless they are biblically supportable. We evaluate renewal movements by their character and fruit and by the degree to which they honor God and adhere to His Word.
- We seek to practice leadership in a way that frees God's people to grow to their full potential in Christ. We do not support teachings on leadership or structures that move people toward unhealthy levels of dependence on — or obedience to — human leaders. While affirming the importance of supporting godly leadership, we do not believe that God's grace or anointing for ministry is transmitted down a spiritual chain of command. The destructive fruit of the "Shepherding movement" of several decades ago (for brief description, see Wikipedia article of this title) must not be repeated or accepted.
- As we pursue the renewal of Christ's church and the fulfillment of the Great Commission, we recognize that the Holy Spirit is not only the Spirit of love and the Spirit of power; He is also the Spirit of truth. Love and truth without power are too anemic to make an impact in our world. Power and truth without love are an inadequate reflection of who Jesus is. And love and power without truth will inevitably lead to deception. Our effectiveness will depend on how well we live out these and all other facets of the Holy Spirit's nature and purposes.
We are living in times of increasing world crises on many fronts. Fear and uncertainty abound. We must be awakened to the fact that we are being given unprecedented opportunities to shine our lights for Jesus Christ. Please join us as we seek to empower the church to fulfill her destiny in Christ!
"Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you. See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the Lord rises upon you and his glory appears over you. Nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your dawn." — Isaiah 60:1-3 (NIV)
Ways We Can Partner With You
- Weekend renewal seminars or conferences for a single church, groups of churches or region.
- Guest speakers from our pool of empowered, sought-after leaders for conferences, retreats, annual meetings, seminars.
- Professional level church workers or denominational leadership training.
- Worship leaders or teams for worship events or church worship team training.
- Ministry teams for revival services, healing services.
- We offer a wide range of topics relating to renewal, leadership training, and worship. To name a few: Victory in Christ (Spiritual Warfare), The Presence-Driven Church, Abiding in Christ, Prayer, Healing of the Heart, Freedom Sessions, Spiritual Formation, Spiritual Gifts and Demonstration of the Kingdom, Empowerment of the Spirit, Healing For Today, Apologetics, Culture Wars and the Kingdom of God.
- Pastors' retreats.
- Prayer summits for churches, regions, pastoral retreats.
- Annual Holy Spirit Conference held the last week of June at Green Lake Conference Center, WI, featuring nationally known speakers, and a wide variety of workshops enriching to professional church workers as well as all believers . All ages are welcome. Excellent programs provided for children and youth.
Our Statement of Faith
The Holy Spirit Renewal Ministries stands within the theological stream of American Evangelicalism with an emphasis on encouraging spiritual renewal and ministry in the power and presence of the Holy Spirit (see distinctives above). Listed below are the statements of belief from the National Association of Evangelicals:
... the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
... that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
... in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
... that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
... in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
... in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
... in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.